"Our sexuality is not only something that can be used for the enhancement of an intimate relationship, for physical pleasure or for procreation. It can also be used for personal transformation, physical and emotional healing, self-realization and spiritual growth, and as a way to learn about all of life and death. A focused, sexually awakened group of women is a divine and extremely powerful force that can not only inspire each woman in that group, but has the potential to contribute to the well-being of all life on earth."
(This page last updated October 17, 1999.)
When it comes to sex, our society has a warped attitude, usually associating it with shame & guilt, while at the same time flaunting it as a objectified commodity (often placing women in the subordinate roles). Sex is a sacred act that can be experienced in a number of ways. Not only does it allow us to pass along our lineage through reproduction, but it also is a means of expressing our love and opening our hearts. Sex is an exploration of the emotional, spiritual, psychological, and physical layers of one's being.
Why should we be taught to think that our libidos must be stifled or hidden? Sexuality is a natural force of life that can be honored and respected (not misused). Higher awareness and knowledge equals more comfort in this area. I'm still learning what my sexuality means to me; perhaps it's a life-long journey. For more on these ideas, I encourage you go look at my Susie Bright Page, as well as my project on Tantric Buddhism.
I have compiled a funny list of bizarre sex laws found in various places across the United States. You'd never guess the weirdness of lawmakers' ideas in this country (...or maybe you would).
I have stumbled onto some interesting sites on the web relating to sex. It's revealed many different perspectives: bold, literary, stimulating, informative, visual, erotic, artistic, and much more. I am offended by lewd, sexist, objectifying material. The following links are the sites which I think have merit and are worth checking out. Enjoy, and feel free to tell me what you think!
- YnottonyJ's G-Spot Page Complete with music and graphics, it focuses on the woman's G-spot, with description and diagram.
- Carnal Knowledge This page offers actual tips on sex and providing pleasure; some parts are slightly offensive (in how the viewer is addressed), but overall it is interesting and educational.
- Mary Anne's Home Page A well-organized homepage with a diary and lots of writings: erotica stories, humor, articles, poetry, etcetera.
- Isadora Alman's Sexuality Forum Isadora is a fabulous sexologist who has an advice column in many newspapers around the country (such as Philly's The City), addressing all sorts of topics relating to sex. This web site has an archive of all sorts of Q&As.
- Doria: Sex Therapy On-Line a site where a sex therapist answers emailed questions.
- Coalition for Positive Sexuality: Sex Ed for Teens This is a fabulous page, not just for teenagers. It has excellent info, FAQ, a discussion about sex with teens around the world, and lots more. Their motto is Just Say Yes, explained in the following way: "having a positive attitude about sexuality -- gay, straight, or bi. It means saying 'yes' to sex you do want, and 'no' to sex you don't. It means there's nothing wrong with you if you decide to have sex, and nothing wrong with you if you decide not to."
- Erotica Readers Association
- Safer Sex Page lotso info worth checking out if you have any sex questions.
- LIBIDO - The Journal of Sex & Sensibility
- Paramour "literary and artistic erotica"
- Tony Ryan: Beauty/Reality a gallery of art -- beautiful black & white nude photos
- Good Vibrations a cool company with a healthy attitude and interesting products, books & videos
- Blue Stocking Sex Page
- Annie Sprinkle's Home Page at Gates of Heck unique strong views on sex from Sprinkle, a performance artist, post porn modernist, author and photographer
- The Body Eclectic an interesting compilation of links on the human body (nudity, sexuality, anatomy, etc.)
- Body Politic an interesting British e-zine about all aspects of the culture of sexuality. has pics o' men, which is unusual to find.
- Justin's Sex
- Gender and Sexuality great list of essays & texts
- Sexuality a list of more links
- Forty-Two Things That You Can Do To Make The Future Safe For Sex
- Vintage Erotica Greeting Cards a plethora of interesting black & white photos that you can send as electronic cards.
- Haikus of Eroticism not necessarily that great, but interesting.
- Bianca's Parlor sexual q&a, fetishes, fantasies, etc.
- Urban Desires
- Natalie Engel's Chest of Lust and Obsession an original homepage from a Hampshire College student who's not afraid to be herself. good attitude with cool links.
- lifetreks - Sexual Dreams Page
- Condomania's World of Safer Sex with a catalogue and all sorts of useful info
- An Erotica Guide
- Juice (poetry)
- Too Darn Hot: Writing about Sex Since Kinsey
- "Well I believe in the soul... the cock...the pussy... the small of a woman's back... the hangin' curveball... high fiber... good scotch... that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent overrated crap... I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a Constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve, and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days. Goodnight."
- --Crash Davis (from Bull Durham)