popsie's tamale pie
the closely guarded recipe
saute onions in olive oil. chop meat and cook it. add salsa and onions to meat.- 1 whole chicken breast (or 2 lbs of other meat) - 1 lb stew meat - 2 cans (~15 oz) corn - 1 can (~15 oz) black pitted olives - 1/2 lb cheddar cheese - 1 box raisins - 1/2 jar salsa - 1/2 onion - 2 cans of tamales
slice cheese into 1/4 in slices. eat a slice.
importante! take papers off tamales and discard most (3/4) of orange substance (fat).
in a deep casserole dish (2-3 quarts or bigger) put
- 1/2 of meat w/ suace as first layer at bottom
- 1/2 tamales as second layer
- sprinkle 1/2 raisins, corn, olive onto that
- make layer of cheese, leaving enough to make a top layer of solid cheese
- repeat first four steps, with cheese top.
put lid or aluminum foil on top, then place in preheated 350 oven. cook for 1 hour, removing cover after 45 min.
opciones para cocinando:
- create everything in pot and cover, then let sit in fridge overnight and cook the next day.
- cook 1/2 way, put in fridge overnight, cook the rest of the way the next day.
feeds 7-8. keeps well. tastes great.