qsa workshop #7: queer literature
designed by talia young, firstname.lastname@example.org, fall 2000
- to expose people to what kind of queer literature there is out there
- to give people a chance to share their favorite queer books
- books! including but not limited to:
- am i blue?
- growing up gay/lesbian
- jeannette winterson
- nancy garden
- best little boy in the world
- weetzie bat
- beebo brinker
- the gilda stories
- virginia & vita
- magazines! including but not limited to:
- the advocate
- make sure other people you know are bringing some books.
- bring some of your own. mark it before hand.
- name and favorite tv show
- think of any questions to ask: if you want to know if any book is good or something
- confidentiality: not that you can't talk about what goes on here (on the contrary, please do continue discussions outside of the workshop) but don't go around saying "so-and-so was at the workshop and said such-and-such"
- respect: there are probably a lot of us coming from different places; please respect each other. feel free to disagree with each other but please use "i" statements
- no stupid questions: on a similar note, there are no stupid questions here; you should feel free to ask everything. i realize this can sometimes be a risky position to take, but i think it's important. if you think a question is offensive, you should say so, but that doesn't mean that it was stupid. anyway, we'll see how this one works.
- any others?
- give everyone an opportunity to peruse the literature and read excerpts
follow up/wrap up/conclusion:
- go around and share a closing thought
1: what is queer? |
2: queer & family |
3: (trans)gender |
4: queer sex |
5: gay marriage |
6: queer athletics
7: queer literature |
8: erotica, smut & pornography |
9: queer religion |
10: culturally mediated (a)sexuality?
ssh client |
qsa workshops |
credits & contacts
last updated 22 january 2001.