qsa workshop #5: gay marriage
designed by talia young, email@example.com, fall 2000
- to make people aware of the legislation and issues surrounding gay marriage
- a moderator
- set up a long table with chairs on either side
- make sure there's space to do the relay as well
- crawl under legs relay: divide into two teams by preference for creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- go around, say names, and share something interesting about yourself that you can't tell by looking at you
- confidentiality: not that you can't talk about what goes on here (on the contrary, please do continue discussions outside of the workshop) but don't go around saying "so-and-so was at the workshop and said such-and-such"
- respect: there are probably a lot of us coming from different places; please respect each other. feel free to disagree with each other but please use "i" statements
- no stupid questions: on a similar note, there are no stupid questions here; you should feel free to ask everything. i realize this can sometimes be a risky position to take, but i think it's important. if you think a question is offensive, you should say so, but that doesn't mean that it was stupid. anyway, we'll see how this one works.
- any others?
- divide into the same two teams for the debate
- designate a writer
- give them five minutes to prepare an opening statement
- have each side present
- allow each side to rebut
follow up/wrap up/conclusion:
1: what is queer? |
2: queer & family |
3: (trans)gender |
4: queer sex |
5: gay marriage |
6: queer athletics
7: queer literature |
8: erotica, smut & pornography |
9: queer religion |
10: culturally mediated (a)sexuality?
ssh client |
qsa workshops |
credits & contacts
last updated 5 january 2001.