qsa workshop #4: queer sex
designed by talia young, firstname.lastname@example.org, fall 2000
- to talk about sex!
- to handle sex manipulatives
- to talk about what "sex" means
- to familiarize people with slang sexual terms
- to talk about how queer people have sex
- to talk about how queer people have safer sex
- to talk about how does queer sex change how we think about sex
- manipulatives, such as but not limited to:
- butt plugs
- latex condoms
- ribbed latex condoms
- "female" polyurethane condoms
- dental dams
- saran wrap (non-microwaveable)
- finger cots
- several sexperts
- S&M expert
- S&M expert
- lay the manipulatives out on the table
- clear space in the room for two lines of people to stand
- orange kiss: divide into two or more teams by you like macs or pcs better
- go around, do names and say your favorite scene from a movie, a sex scene or not.
- confidentiality: not that you can't talk about what goes on here (on the contrary, please do continue discussions outside of the workshop) but don't go around saying "so-and-so was at the workshop and said such-and-such"
- respect: there are probably a lot of us coming from different places; please respect each other. feel free to disagree with each other but please use "i" statements
- no stupid questions: on a similar note, there are no stupid questions here; you should feel free to ask everything. i realize this can sometimes be a risky position to take, but i think it's important. if you think a question is offensive, you should say so, but that doesn't mean that it was stupid. anyway, we'll see how this one works.
- any others?
- talk about sex: "what does sex mean?"
- list different ways of having sex:
- intercourse: penile-vaginal, dildo, anal
- oral sex: blow jobs, rimming
- finger sex
- then, show/tell/ask
follow up/wrap up/conclusion:
- somethiing new that you learned
1: what is queer? |
2: queer & family |
3: (trans)gender |
4: queer sex |
5: gay marriage |
6: queer athletics
7: queer literature |
8: erotica, smut & pornography |
9: queer religion |
10: culturally mediated (a)sexuality?
ssh client |
qsa workshops |
credits & contacts
last updated 5 january 2001.