Memory Cards / AccuVotes

Marin - Election Day

28 of 114 or about 1 in 4 precincts called in this AM with either memory card issues "please re-insert", units that wouldn't take ballots - even after recycling power, or units that needed to be recycled.  We reburned 7 memory cards, 4 of which we didn't need to, but they were far enough away that we didn't know what we'd find when we got there (bad rover communication).

We have about 16 precincts reporting ballots that won't run which has turned out to be lightly printed timing marks.

Most elections we've worked thru issues by 9:30.  Today it took until 11:30.  But we are working thru it.

The first four (4) machines brought back by troubleshooters as "not working" in the field even after recycling power, worked when they got here.  I can't figure out what's going on, whether its mostly the rovers or inconsistency in the accuvotes.  I've got a headache.  Noon check-in from Marin